Thursday, January 17, 2008

me says:
sorry to say it but i still don't get the paradox of how therapists and helpers are so messed up themselves sometimes (myself included).
she says:
it's what gives us insight
she says:
people who don't suffer would never have the patience or understanding to treat others
me says:
but that explanes only one part of it. why to choose a career where you can get even more hurt or where you are faced with your fears and troubles most of the time?
she says:
familiarity
she says:
we feel comfortable with what we know - even if it is painful
me says:
but that is self-destructive. yes, there is also development but also maso-tendencies
she says:
highest of highs and the lowest of lows
she says:
beats flat-lining
me says:
and you think that is healthy?
she says:
differently risky!!
she says:
I know I couldn't do a 9 - 5 office job my emotions would kill me!
she says:
I know my job is the right one for me
she says:
but it has it's draw-backs of course
me says:
it's like livin on the edge all the time
me says:
BUT
me says:
I want to stay as close to the edge as I canwithout going over.
Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center.
Kurt Vonnegut
she says:
ha ha - that's it exactly!
After ten years in therapy,
my psychologist told me something very touching,
he said, “no hablo ingles."
Dennis Wolfberg

No comments: